Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

What a wonderful Day!  Jessica made a yummy breakfast: waffles, pancake (yes only one with left over batter for Rachel), and fried eggs.  I got some great new metal spinners from Melissa and Jessica for the backyard. (It’s time to throw out the old ugly worn out ones).  Rachel gave me a nice little card book that she made. I got a nice phone call from Jennifer.  I also got a nice Hallmark from my husband.  Church was very nice.  Two nice talks on how great their moms are by 2 college girls home for the summer (my former Laurels), and 2 talks from some wise sr. men of our ward.  One is 100 years old!  Some great stuff.  The ward was also treated to a sweet song sung by the primary kids.  All the RS sisters were given a box with 3 chocolates in it hand delivered by the YM. YUM.  We came home from church to have the table all set and dinner almost ready- that is one advantage of having Jessica attend the singles ward.  She served us up some great curry.  The highlight of the day was to skype with Elder Kevin Leete.  We were all set up so we could see him on the TV, and Jennifer was logged in too and skyping to Melissa’s account- we had that laptop set up so Jennifer could watch and hear Kevin on the TV.  We all sat on the couch- with the laptop on the coffee table pushed out far enough so we all fit on the screen.  We waited patiently for Kevin to log in at 1. . .however we waited an hour- he appeared at 2.  We had a great time talking and seeing him.  All is good in missionland.  His testimony is strong.  He is working hard.  He is happy.  And we are proud.


One of our mother’s day traditions that I enjoy is to have a mother’s day concert where the kids all perform for me.  Well, earlier this week the kids said that no way was that happening this year.  I was bummed, but had accepted it.  Well, today in the kitchen while Melissa was making brownies- I mentioned that something was missing this year.  She said, “You mean your concert?”  And I said, ”yes”.  She then told me that she had prepared to sing something and that Jessica was going to accompany her.  That brought a smile to my face.  So later after dinner, we gathered in the living room for the little concert (little, cuz there was only going to be one number performed).  To my surprise, as Jessica started playing- I started to recognize the song and was so excited.  Melissa was singing the Knot Fairy!!  She was so cute and sounded wonderful (voice lessons are really paying off).  I was a little thrown off, when the accompaniment sounded different- Jessica had made a new arrangement.  I had to listen to it again to appreciate it and accept the fact that they had made it better.  A big thank you to my lovely daughters for sharing their talent with me.

 It was a very nice mother’s day.  I am very blessed.