Saturday, January 23, 2010

50's Dance

On January 23, 2010 Jessica and Melissa went to a Stake Dance that had a 50's theme. Of course they had to dress up!

Jessica wore the skirt we had made her for a YW activity a few years back. With a little coaxing she even wore one of Brian's shirts. I assured her that it was what the girls back then really did. With bright red lipstick and pony tail I think Grandma would even say she looked the part!Since we didn't have easy access to Grandma's closet of costumes and old clothes, Melissa and I found her outfit at the local Goodwill. We found this cute red skirt and white sweater. Put it with a red bandanna, black shirt, ponytail, and red lipstick, and wa-la: 50's!We also found a straight black skirt that her friend wore with a blue belt of mine that I'm sure came from my mom's bag of real 50's belts. Here is Melissa with her two good friends from school that she brought along.
Ready to Rock and Roll!
Well- I just couldn't resist- had to add this picture of me and Alan and my friend Laura as we dressed for 50's day at SLO Jr. High. We are actually wearing some authentic 50's clothes! Me in mom's skirt, petticoat, and cheerleader oxfords, and Laura in her mom's dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment