Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fun with Jennifer for her Spring Break

It was great to have Jennifer home for her spring break.  Something we had planned to do together was to create something out of all the tree branches that were piled in the back yard.  I had done the research and had formulated what I wanted to build:  kind of a cross between a chuppa and an arbor. I figured it could add something nice to some baren space on our back patio.  Jennifer was a good sport and followed my directions, gave great suggestions, and did lots of manual labor!  We got sun on most of the days she was here, so spent some time working on it almost each day while she was here.  We did pretty good and got most of it done before she left.  The roof frame was almost done, but not attached but laying next to it when she left.  I wouldn't have been able to do it without her.

Working on one side.  The roof is laying on the ground in the middle.


Some of the branches that I had stripped and sorted.

The pile of branches is a lot smaller now!
Actualy they have been moved and sorted by size and are in various places of the yard.