Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jennifer's New Afghan

Many of you may know that I love to crochet. Lately I've been doing baby hats- I found that I can finish a newborn hat easily as I sit through a violin, cello, or piano lesson. The best part about these hats are that they are free- I just pick up any scrap yarn I have in the house- they take hardly any to make since they are so tiny (and cute I might add). I've got quite the pile of them now to add to the Beehive's class hats they are making on hat looms to donate to the hospital.

Anyway, I've taught my girls to crochet at various times. Jennifer did a lot of granny squares when she was in middle school, and did some scarfs while in the knitting club at Westview. Melissa has made long chains, and some flowers last year. But Jessica is the one that has embraced the craft. She made her sisters each a bag for Christmas last year, an afghan for herself, and many various projects. She even got her very own set of hooks for Christmas last year. She made Kevin a red hat for his birthday, and just finished an afghan for Jennifer to take to college. Jennifer picked out the colors- she wanted wide rainbow stripes. After finally getting the yarn, Jessica whipped it out real fast. It was done the other day, and what fun the sisters had celebrating its completion! I guess it was worth the sacrifice for me letting Jessica make it instead of doing it myself- worth the joy I saw in my daughters faces!

Aren't they adorable!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Afghan, Jessica!!! : ) Good job!!! It is very pretty! I like the colors! Jennifer is gonna love to have it at college! : ) --Gen

    ReplyDelete