Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Nice Easter

What a joy to have all my kids home at the same time! It wasn't until Jennifer was home and I started hearing the laughter, giggles, and familiar phrases and quirks going on with the kids that I realized again that the chemistry of the family had changed when she wasn't here. It was good to have her home! It was a nice relaxing weekend. We enjoyed a very nice Church Service- Brian, Kevin, Jessica and I sang with the choir for 3 numbers. We had a lamb dinner. And by the request of Jennifer we played an arousing game of Settlers of Catan. I will mention that I won- building a settlement in a pristine location that Jennifer wanted. I was even cooking dinner at the same time, so I really lucked out! The Easter bunny found our house and so we had plenty of jelly beans and robins eggs to keep us going.

Jessica and Kevin are pretty excited because they leave for Dayton Ohio for the WGI World Winter Percussion World early tomorrow morning. They will be there April 16-18. Westview's performance time in the Prelims is 8:48 am PDT on Thursday April 16. We hope they make finals!!!! They had a great friends and family show on Friday the 10th. It was their final performance before leaving. They had added some new elements that really made the show better. It has been great to watch them improve the show through out the season. To go to the website that you can sign up to watch a live broadcast click here.

Besides this, I have been sewing like crazy in my spare time (and ignoring all the other chores around the house that need to be done) on my melodrama costume. Also trying to memorize my lines (this is hard for me). We only have 3 more rehearsals then it is show time! Come see Hartburn Hotel April 25th (my birthday). Children's show 4:30pm and dinner theatre for ages 12 and up at 6:30pm at the West Union Building. I will be playing the part of Mrs. Augusta Emmaline Spoffingford-Sykes, the Head of the Calamity Gulch School Board. Come watch and laugh at me (that will be OK). Jenni Springer of Doll Cosmetics will be doing our makeup for the Melodrama. She will be playing the part of Miss Sahara Hartburn- the villain!


Here are some more pictures of Rachel, Melissa, and Jessica:




No comments:

Post a Comment