Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another Year Older, but Another Year Wiser?

Yes, another year has again gone by resulting in another birthday. But that's OK. I like birthdays! This year it landed on a Sunday so I went to BYC and then church. The YW sang to me, gave me a goody bag, and all signed a nice card. For dinner I planned my favorites: pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. I remember always asking for that growing up. I still enjoy it. I planned ahead and baked a carrot cake from scratch the day before.

I received some nice gifts from my adoring family. Cards, A Portland pin for my hat, some nice lotion, and a Sheri Dew book from Jennifer in the mail.
Rachel painted me this garden stake in YW (also my Mother's day gift).Roses from Brian.A butterfly from me.The kids created this fun candle for my cake.
A Flaming Carrot!
I managed to blow it out, but in the process got frosting in my hair- but that's OK because it tasted good! It was a fun day. Thanks to all those that sent me birthday greetings!
So am I wiser? Maybe a little. I've learned that to get served what you want on your birthday, you make the plans yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment