Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Life was Revolving Around the new Carpet

Well, the carpet is finally in! Tuesday was the big day. Now if we can just get everything put into its place. What a job it was to get everything moved out of three bedrooms, and crammed into the bonus room and master bedroom! We hauled out a lot of garbage, and have bags of stuff to be taken to the DI truck. I don't think some of those beds had been moved in years. That was evident by the stuff under them. As the old carpet was being carried out, we wondered why we didn't do it years ago. The old blue carpet from the 60's was truly nasty! It is so nice in the kid's bedrooms now. It has been nice for the kids to sort through their stuff and move into their rooms at a slow pace. I've noticed that Melissa and Rachel are even making their beds daily now(Grandma Lois would be so proud!). They like it clean in there! YAH!!!!
Here are some pictures of Rachel and Melissa's room. They are still in the process of moving stuff in and organizing. They like being upstairs in the big room, but not so sure they like the upstairs bathroom and having to climb the stairs all the time.

Jessica hasn't been home long enough to set her room up much yet. She got her bed in the first day, then her dresser the next, then her bookshelf. We carried her desk in yesterday. Her room is still empty looking without Jennifer's stuff and empty walls. It even echos in there. We will move in Jennifer's bed today, there is always a space here for you Jennifer!




Kevin's room was an easier move in and out. We sorted through his stuff when we painted and got his new furniture in October. He hasn't been home much so his shelves and desk are still empty. Here is a cool wall hanging Rachel and I found at Ross a couple months ago and couldn't pass up. It is so cool and perfect for his room! Also some photos Jennifer took of his horn for Christmas.




The only problem now is that that the new stuff, makes the old stuff look bad. Is it time to start working on the other rooms?

What a long process this has been. Jessica said that she feels like she hasn't had a room since Jennifer left in January. She has been in limbo since then. I'm glad we are almost done- As the bonus room empties out I will be able to get back to my normal routine. I need my sewing table unburied so that I can make my melodrama costume, and I would like to be able to get back on the treadmill once again. But at the same time I hope the kids don't feel they need to save everything.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the big bedrooms at your house. Want to come fix Alyson's room? I want to paint (Julia's old stuff is pretty bad), but not until after April 15th for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Ann!

    I like the paint job! Especially the purple!! And I like the musical things on the wall! Very cool-looking! : ) -- G

    ReplyDelete