Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break-Agate Beach & Flying Kites

After we unloaded the car, everyone chose their bed, explored the house, then we headed off to the beach (except for Kevin who hung out at the house and listened to Louie Armstrong Cd's). We thought we could enter here at the end of our drive, but found it to be a cliff.So we walked down the road to the state park entrance. I've always had a thing with kites- I think they are so pretty. The kids thought I was a little kite crazy as I picked some up for the trip. I got a spinney box one at Costco, and a bat kite and stunt kite at Fred Meyer. I was ready to buy more, but the kids said that 3 were plenty and that they'd share. We got out the bat kite first and it went up like a piece of cake. Of course they had to decide who got to fly it first!Rachel holds it up for the take off.Yea! It works! Rachel takes a turn.A good shot with the lighthouse in the background.
Now for the stunt kite.

Reading the flight instructions.
Learning to keep it up and then the fun begins!
A stroll on the waterfront. After the girls headed back, Brian and I stuck around to see the sunset, but this was about all we saw. The sun disappeared into the clouds.
Then we joined the kids back at the house and cooked and ate dinner.
It was a nice first day at the beach!