Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break- Newport Bay

After visiting Yaquina Head we headed towards Newport Bay. I desperately wanted to find a glass float hidden on the beach- however they were hidden up the coast closer to Lincoln City, and no one wanted to go scour the beach with me, so I took them to Pyromania Glass Studio instead. We watched the glass blower make three floats. We bought the 3rd one! It needed to be cooled so we would need to pick it the next day.Rachel spent her allowance and bought this float:
Here is the one I got. Isn't it beautiful?! It now sits in my kitchen window.

We drove around the bay and saw all the unique shops. We went to the Yaquina Bay lighthouse. I missed it, and Brian had to point it out to me because it was hidden in the park amongst the trees. The kids had caught the spirit of kite flying, and asked to stop so they could fly kits. So we did. It was a very windy day! I got the box kite up and flying.
The stunt kite was the kids favorite.
Kevin took a turn and was able to dive and loop close to the ground.
The bat kite was a little boring, so they tied it to a log as they dug in the sand.
We had fun, but the wind picked up pretty hard- we had to take them down. The stunt kite took a few too many dives and ended up with a hole in it. We packed up and went back to the house. On the way we decided to eat dinner at Izzy's. It was up on the hill overlooking the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment