Sunday, June 19, 2011

From Jennifer

June 19th, 2011


Elder Leete,

I’ve been commissioned to write you the family e-mail this week, since everyone else is going to be busy/out of town.  Mom and the girls are going off to girls camp, and Dad is flying down to visit Grandpa Leete in Montana.   I’m afraid that my e-mail is going to be much less cutsy and have much less pictures than the ones Mom sends, so I’m sorry.

Dad and Grandpa Leete are going to visit me on Tuesday.  They are going to go to Yellowstone, and then come into Rexburg and take me out to dinner.  We may have to go all the way to Idaho Falls (1/2 and hour away)  to go out for a meal that isn’t fast food.  I’m really excited for Dad.  Did you hear that Grandpa Leete stopped by randomly at the house a week ago or so?   Anyway, I really look forward to getting to know him.  It would be nice to know more about him.

Oh!  I dyed my hair again.  The blue that I had in before pretty much all faded out, so I decided it was safe to put in a new color.  I also took Jessica’s hair cutting scissors and chopped at my hair a bit. It’s red now.  Not like Fire-red that I would like it to be, but like an Ariel-the-Little-Mermaid Red.  I really like it. 

I thought of you today when my roommates made a Brazilian Limeade.  Apparently at Broulim’s they had a free sample of this great limeade and they just had to make it.  Inspired, they bought 20 limes.  We squeezed the Limes and mixed it with Sweet and Condensed Milk and Sugar.  It was really sweet.  I don’t know if it was really “Brazilian”  or if it’s “Americanized Brazilian” but either way it was good. 

I’ve singed up for my fall classes.  I’m taking Watercolor, Life Painting (another Oil painting class), Design and Color 2, 20th Century Art (an Art History class), and Art Readings.   I’m really looking forward to those classes.    Next week is when I turn in my BFA portfolio, and I’m a bit nervous.  My Expressive Drawing Professor, Brother Jones, is going to take a look at my portfolio on Tuesday, so that makes me a little less nervous.  I’ve left this review off longer than I should, but I’m really glad I did because last semester I decided I wanted to apply for the 2-D studies instead of the Illustration studies. 

Last Tuesday, In media experimentation, I spent 3 hours working with Spray Paint, and later that same day I spent another 3 hours working in the Oil Painting Room, so the next day I had a total hangover.  Let me tell you, It does not feel good.  DON’T EVER BECOME AN ARTIST.  While I love it, I’m beginning to think it’s not good for your health.   I wonder if that’s why so many artists are crazy and high/drunk all the time.  Maybe they are already high when they go into the bar or start smoking pot, and so taking a few extra drinks isn’t all that bad.  Go figure, huh?

This weekend, my RS had a sleepover at the Bishop’s house.  It was fun to roast hotdogs and marshmallows and Starburst over the fire.  We slept in their background in the Barn.  In the morning, they woke us up by throwing a tennis ball and later a soccer ball on our tin roof, which sounded like gunfire.  Most terrifying alarm I’ve ever experienced in my life.

Anyway, we all just wanted to you to know that we love you and have you in our prayers.  Keep up all your good work in Brazil.  I know that you’re there for a reason.  There is somebody out there that you need to help, I can feel it.  Keep up all the good work.  We are all so proud of you.

Love,

Jennifer