Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall Choir Concert

On Oct 28th was the Choir Concert at Westview High School. Brian asked me, "Am I imagining it, or are the choirs getting better each year?" I thought that maybe he was just getting used to and appreciating choir concerts, since we have now been attending them for the last 9 or so years. Then at the band competition a mom commented to me, "Boy wasn't that a great choir concert the other night? They were so good for the first concert of the year!" That made me stop and think about it. You know it was a very good concert! The groups were bigger and better this year.
Kevin sang in the Cantores group. He looked very handsome in his tuxedo. They sang 3 madrigal type songs : All Ye Who Music Love, My Love, I'll suffer Gladly, and Il Zabazione Musicale. The harmony and blending was wonderful.

Kevin and Jessica both sang in the Concert Choir. They sang Ah, el novio no quere dinero! (Kevin played the drum)

They also sand Danny Boy, and John the Revelator. Kevin stood next to Jessica- he said that he traded with the guy next to him to give us "better photo ops"! Too bad Nathan, standing in front of her, blocked my view of her! It was a great concert. So fun to have such musical kids!